Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rhythm

My days have always had a rhythm. Up at a certain time. Exercise. Shower. Start the laundry. Dress. Drive to the office. Work. Come home. Get the mail. Start dinner. Finish the laundry.


Certainly things changed over time. The rhythm I had raising small children was very different from the cadence of my life now. But it soothes me, my schedule. It builds a framework for my days that keeps me on track and allows me to get things accomplished.


Here, I am struggling to find that rhythm. I don't think it's the temporary housing situation. In the hotel for those ten or so days I was fine. I am very much a nester. A sorter. An organizer. Even if I am away for a few days I will unpack my bag. I'll hang clothes in the closet and put t-shirts in the drawer.


I've set up house here on High Street and will settle again at Regents Court. So no, something else has interfered with my rhythm. And I’d like it back please.


So while I wait for my life’s tempo to return? I’m open to suggestions. Oh, and a cup of tea? Didn’t help.


1 comment:

  1. I'm like you--a little "busyness" makes my days better--I need a schedule of sorts or I'm out of sorts.

    ReplyDelete