Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In Answer To Your Questions

I started this blog as a way to keep friends and family back home informed of our comings and goings.  Some of my former bloggy pals (whom I've never met in real life but FEEL like I know them well) have joined the adventure and need some of the back-story.

In December Murph was offered an opportunity to join the UK office of his company.  His job will remain, for the most part, the same.  However his territory now includes western Europe, Sweden, Norway, Finland,... and well you get the point.

We will be letting a flat, paid for by the company, that we were able to choose.  It is in the town of Windsor and is literally in the shadow of Windsor Castle!  It is currently occupied and we won't move in until mid-March.  We are growing weary of the hotel (Murph is now on week four!) and are working on moving to a short-term let ASAP.

I continue to work, remotely, at my former job.  I believe some of you know that I was looking to make a change last spring but this and that and the organization made some changes to keep me around and so I am still with them.  I'll continue to write grants and do the reports, handle much of the marketing and plan to be back in the States for my event on March 1st.  Let's just say e-mail and remote desktop access are a wondrous thing!

So welcome Jenn, Violet, Green Girl and anyone else who happens to find me!

5 comments:

  1. Okay, this all makes so much sense now. Thanks for the back story.

    If you haven't walked up to the castle yet, I recommend it. There's a car park nearby that is the one you come to when you get off the motorway and come into the town. From there, you walk a short way up a street to the castle.

    Anyway, I'm mentioning it because about halfway up the hill on the right is a sweet little cupcake/candy pastry shop that you might want to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I popped over here from Jen's blog. I LOVE London and can't wait to read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I saw a new post come up from you in my blogroll, and what a surprise! And also, I'm jealous. I want to move to Europe for a while, it sounds quite exciting. I will definitely be following the UK adventures. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Windsor has got to be one of England's most delightfully charming towns. What a dream! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an opportunity! Thanks for taking us with you, virtually.

    ReplyDelete