Thursday, March 22, 2012

And We're Back

This? Is the most beautiful sight in the world:


This is me working from the comfort of home! Yes, we have INTERNET! We flew back on March 11th, moved flats on March 12th and were without Internet service until last night. Sweet baby Jesus let me tell you things were getting ugly.  Wireless service in the UK is not quite the same as what we're used to in the States. Even our cell phones weren't getting service in the flat.


I've been skulking about in the one and only Starbucks in Windsor.  (I can honestly say I've spent more time in Starbucks in the last week than in the rest of life combined.) Yesterday afternoon when I left to head home the weather had turned beautifully warm so I popped into the garden of the pub next door to soak up some sun.  On a whim I decided to see if I could still pick up Starbucks WiFi and...YES!  So now I have a back-up plan should the unthinkable occur again.  And it involves Guinness.  What could be better?  

2 comments: